Timandra Duponchel, 1829 species known from India.
Timandra amataria griseata (Petersen, 1902).
Timandra comptaria Walker, 1863. India.
Timandra convectaria convectaria Walker, 1861. Bangladesh; India: Shimla, Nauni, Subathu.
Timandra correspondens (Hampson, 1895). Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh.
Timandra nelsoni Prout, 1918. South India; Sri Lanka.
Timandra obsoleta Warren, 1897. Khasi Hills, Meghalaya.
Timandra responsaria responsaria Moore, 1888. Cherrapunji; Nilgiris.
Timandra ruptilinea Warren, 1897. E. Himalayas.
Timandra griseata, Timandra comptaria, Timandra ruptilinea has FW postmedial line arising from apex.
Timandra correspondens, Timandra convectaria has FW postmedial line arising from below apex.
Photo Gallery and Species Biology
Timandra convectaria and T. ruptilinea (as per comms. 2017-02-21 07:52:30 Roger Kendrick)
The key visible differences between T. convectaria and T. ruptilinea are as follows:
‣ forewing between costa and radial vein is darkly suffused from the base to around the median;
‣ small dark spot near the apex, just terminally placed off the main "blood-vein" streak;
‣ antennae darkened dorsally
T. ruptilinea lacks these three features, and consequently looks paler and "cleaner". Additionally, the "blood-vein" in ruptilinea meets the apex at the apex or just to the terminal side, whereas in convectaria, this line meets the apex several mm on the costal side.
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Daman & Diu|
|Jammu and Kashmir|
- Timandra ruptilinea Warren, 1897. New genera and species of moths from the Old-World regions in the Tring Museum. Novitates Zoologicae. Vol 4: 64.
- hkwildlife.net http://www.hkwildlife.net/Forum/viewthread.php?tid=36922 [accessed 28 March 2017]
- Plate 20/25.
- Cui, L., Xue, D. and Jiang, N., 2019. A review of Timandra Duponchel, 1829 from China, with description of seven new species (Lepidoptera, Geometridae). ZooKeys, 829, p.43. Fig. 16.
Anonymous 2023. Timandra ruptilinea Warren,1897 – . In Sondhi, S., Y. Sondhi, R.P. Singh, P. Roy and K. Kunte (Chief Editors). Butterflies of India, v. 3.42. Published by the Indian Foundation for Butterflies. URL: https://www.mothsofindia.org/timandra-ruptilinea, accessed 2023/03/30.