Hypochrosis Guenée,  species in India vide Kirti et al 2019.
Hypochrosis abstractaria (Walker, ). Nepal, E. Himalaya.
Hypochrosis amaurospila Yazaki, 1995. Nepal.
Hypochrosis baenzigeri Inoue, 1982. Assam.
Hypochrosis binexata (Walker, ). Assam.
Hypochrosis flavifusata (Moore, 1888). E. Himalaya.
Hypochrosis hyadaria Guenée, . Himalayas, S. India.
Hypochrosis iris (Butler, 1880). Nepal, E. Himalaya.
Hypochrosis pyrrhophaeata (Walker, ). E. Himalaya.
Hypochrosis sternaria Guenée, . E. Himalaya.
Hypochrosis venusa Swinhoe, 1894. Meghalaya.
Photo Gallery and Species Biology
Notes on species
Separating Hypochrosis hyadaria and Hypochrosis abstractaria: Hypochrosis abstractaria has a longer and flatter half oval at apex, while in hyadaria, it is a smaller, more rounded half oval. The postdiscal line in abstractaria touches forewing apex tip, while in hyadaria, the postdiscal line touches the half oval spot, rather than reaching the apex. The forewing of abstractaria is more produced than hyadaria, which has a more rounded forewing, and concave costa. On the underside, many individuals of hyadaria are reddish beyond the postmedial to the forewing margin (though some individuals may lack the reddish tinge). Individuals of abstractaria lack a reddish margin, and the entire wing is similarly coloured on the underside. Generally, abstractaria has a blackish spot or blotch near the forewing tornus, which is absent in hyadaria.
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Daman & Diu|
|Jammu and Kashmir|
- Lagyra ? abstractaria Walker, . List Spec. Lepid. Insects Colln Br. Mus. 26: 1485. Text at https://archive.org/details/listofspecimenso2526brit/page/1485/mode/1up?view=theater. TL: “Hindostan”. Description of the pale form.
- Marcala irrorata Moore, 1888. Descr. Indian lep. Atkinson (3): 232. Text at https://archive.org/details/descriptionsofne00hewi/page/232/mode/1up?view=theater
- Decetia tinctaria Walker, . List Spec. Lepid. Insects Colln Br. Mus. 26: 1522. Text at https://archive.org/details/listofspecimenso2526brit/page/1521/mode/1up?view=theater
- Haruta, T. (Ed.). 1992. Moths of Nepal. Part 1. TINEA. Vol. 13 (Supplement 2). The Japan Heterocerists’ Society, Tokyo.Pl. 12/12.Incorrectly identified as H. hyadaria.
- Haruta, T. (Ed.). 1995. Moths of Nepal. Part 4. TINEA. Vol. 14 (Supplement 2). The Japan Heterocerists’ Society, Tokyo.Pg. 19, Pl. 101/2-3.
- Haruta, T. (Ed.). 2000. Moths of Nepal. Part 6. TINEA. Vol. 16 (Supplement 1). The Japan Heterocerists’ Society, Tokyo.Pg. 103, 104.
- Chandra, K., Kumar, V., Singh, N., Raha, A., Sanyal, A.K.2019. Assemblages of Lepidoptera in Indian Himalaya through long term monitoring plots. Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata, 1-457 pp. Pl. 90.2.
- http://v3.boldsystems.org/index.php/Taxbrowser_Taxonpage?taxid=196367 [accessed 24 May 2021]
Anonymous 2023. Hypochrosis abstractaria (Walker, ) – . In Sondhi, S., Y. Sondhi, R.P. Singh, P. Roy and K. Kunte (Chief Editors). Butterflies of India, v. 3.42. Published by the Indian Foundation for Butterflies. URL: https://www.mothsofindia.org/hypochrosis-abstractaria, accessed 2023/03/30.